[asterisk-users] outbound call

Karthik Arumugam rtskarthik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 09:05:45 MST 2007

HI All,

I am new to asterisk. i want to make outbound calls from asterisk. I tried
with many times with the given settings but in vain

This is my scenario:
   I have a *user A* who has registered with sip server(ONDO), I made
asterisk
   to register as a sip client with ONDO, I want to make a call to user A
from
   an extension.
   My configurations
   sip.config
   [general]
   context=default
   register => raja:adsi6677@*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*/1234
   bindport=5060   ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is 5060)
   bindaddr=0.0.0.0  ; IP address to bind to ( 0.0.0.0 binds to all)
   srvlookup=yes   ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
   [authentication]
   auth=raja:adsi6677@*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*
   [*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*-out]
   type=peer             ; we only want to call out, not be called
   secret=adsi6677
   username=raja   ; Authentication user for outbound proxies
   fromuser=raja   ; Many SIP providers require this!
   fromdomain=*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*
   host=*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*

- Ignored:
   context=outgoing

   [dexter]
   type=friend
   username=dexter
   secret=password
   host=dynamic
   context=outgoing

   extensions.conf

   [outgoing]
   exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/test at 192.xxx.xxx.xxx)

   Here *192.xxx.xxx.xxx* is my sip server host ip (ONDO).

   Please correct me where i am going wrong in this scenario.

   I was able to receive incoming calls to dexter from user A,

   Thanks in advance!!!!!

   Regards
   karthik