[asterisk-users] Asterisk incoming caller id problem

Mike Jagdis mjagdis at eris-associates.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 06:53:53 MST 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 01:35:36PM +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> I've had issues with caller ID on TDM400 cards myself. I've never gotten
> fully to the bottom of it either. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I get
> nothing. (when a "normal" phone on the same line gets the ID OK all the
> time)

I got to the bottom of it - but I had to cheat and read chipset docs :-)

The ring detector's occasional misrecognition of polarity reversal
as ring start is known and expected behaviour. The correct recognition
strategy in the presence of polarity reversals is documented but
wctdm doesn't implement it as standard.

_Anyone_ using wctdm with a line that uses polarity reversals to signal
pre-ring start of call will need the patch attached to bug id 9264.
That's basically UK plus those countries that do DTMF CID after polarity
reversal plus any random supplier that does gratuitous polarity reversal
because they got a cheap switch and don't know much except "it seems
to work with this config so we ain't touching it" :-).

If you want UK caller ID _outbound_ on your FXS modules as well you'll
have to wait a bit longer. I have a patch but it's not quite ready to
party yet.

Mike

--
Mike Jagdis                        Web: http://www.eris-associates.co.uk
Eris Associates Limited            Tel: +44 7780 608 368