[asterisk-users] Asterisk incoming caller id problem

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Mar 26 05:35:36 MST 2007

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, johnny_xing wrote:

> Hi, guys,
> For my server, if i use my handphone to call in the PSTN line by TDM400p
> card, the server could not receive the caller id correctly. anyone knows the
> problem? I am currently using asterisk 1.2.14 with freepbx 2.2.1. The CLI is
> as below, "Caller ID name is 'zap1' number is '4521'" , this 4521 is one of
> my FXS zap extension created.

I've had issues with caller ID on TDM400 cards myself. I've never gotten
fully to the bottom of it either. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I get
nothing. (when a "normal" phone on the same line gets the ID OK all the
time)

I don't use FreePBX, so don't know how it configures things, I'm
suspecting is replaces the incoming caller ID with 'zap1' when it doesn't
know.

Make sure you have the correct country codes setup in zaptel.conf. I'm
in the UK, things will be different for you and you might need to do
some searching... Eg.:

   fxoks=1
   fxsks=3
   fxsks=4
   loadzone=uk
   defaultzone=uk

Also make sure at module load time, the correct country code is passed to
the module - eg. I have a line:

   options wctdm opermode=UK

in a file in /etc/modprobe.d. Your distribution might have something
different though.

Also, make sure you use the right signalling in zapata.conf:

   usecallerid=yes
   cidsignalling=v23
   cidstart=polarity

and finally, make sure the line gain is set correctly. (use ztmonitor to
check)

You may need to work out how all this is hidden inside FreePBX though.

Good luck.

Gordon