[asterisk-users] Issue with Hamlet ISDN PCI card(Cologne Chipset)

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Sat Mar 24 04:40:24 MST 2007

On Sat, March 24, 2007 11:54, Mauro Zanin wrote:
> Hi everybody
> I have installed a TrixBox with Asterisk 1.2.14 and relative upgreaded
> software.
> I Bristuffed it with last version of bristuff to use a Hemlet PCI ISDN
> CARD
> in a normal Italian EUROISDN installation. The * works fine except for the
> ISDN CARD. It is always Channel D down, but if a Call comes in, it works
> perfectly for some time, both inbound and outbound. It prompts Channel D
> UP!
> If I disconnect the NT+ termination the Channel D goes down at once.
> Did I make something wrong?

Not really... It's a bristuff quirk... It doesn't gracefully handle the
forced D-channel down that most European ISDN operators implement.

That is why I switched to testing vISDN, but that has been stagnant for
over half a year without any fixes for a few very annoying bugs, because
the programmer dedicated all his time to rewriting the vGSM part...

I am now testing mISDN as someone on the vISDN list mentioned that it's
chan_misdn voice support had greatly improved...

The only way I can *somewhat* keep bristuff working without contacting the
ISDN carrier to turn on the D channel permanently is by initiation a 100ms
outbound call every minute using the manager interface...
(Yes, a very ugly kludge indeed, but I do not want permanent channel up,
as I want to be able to test everything in a normal environment, as I am
planning to install this in other location too once I have a stable,
reliable environment)

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch