[asterisk-users] Problem with busy and unavailable

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 13:23:20 MST 2007

You might be reading out of date documentation.  In 1.2.14, if you don't
have "priorityjumping=yes" in extensions.conf and you don't activate
priority jumping for an individual application (for Dial(), you add "j" to
the options string), then the jumping behaviour you are expecting to happen
(n+101) doesn't happen.

If you don't want to do this via priority jumping, you can branch based on
the ${DIALSTATUS} variable:

exten   => s,n,Dial(${ARG2}|20)
exten   => s,n,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten   => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(${ARG1}|u)
exten   => s-NOANSWER,n,Hangup
exten   => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(${ARG1}|b)
exten   => s-BUSY,n,Hangup
exten   => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)

This is part of a macro invoked as Macro(mailbox,channel), but you get the
general idea.

On 3/23/07, Stefan Guenther <asterisk03 at in-put.de> wrote:

> exten => 56830976,1,Answer()
> exten => 56830976,2,Dial(SIP/hbaumgart,20,tr)
> exten => 56830976,3,VoiceMail,u76
> exten => 56830976,4,Hangup
> exten => 56830976,103,VoiceMail,b76
> exten => 56830976,104,Hangup
>
> If not all documentations that I read are wrong, this configuration should
> be
> correct.
>
> Asterisk recognizes that the phone is busy, but why does it then play the
> unavailable message?

j.