[asterisk-users] Cisco 7970 with skinny on * 1.4.1

Julio Arruda jarruda-asterisk at jarruda.com
Fri Mar 23 05:42:58 MST 2007

Richard Klingler wrote:
> Hmm..interestingly no one answered if chan_skinny works with 7970G
> on * 1.4.x (o;
>
> I know that CIsco phones are bad with NAT and SIP...old story (o;
> THat's why I use local Cisco phones with SIP and local * which then
> connects to outside * vis IAX...

I've a 7912G running with 1.4.x and chan_skinny, and seems to be working
  just fine (better than 1.2 anyway, the 7912G is not the 'heavy usage'
phone at home, but still..)

I tried twice to acquire the proper license to upgrade the 7912G to SIP,
but the order got 'dropped' by the reseller after 2 weeks of 'shipping'
:-), since 1.4 seems to be handling it just fine, I've moved this to the
lower priority TODO list.