[asterisk-users] Outbound SIP call from asterisk extension

Karthik Arumugam rtskarthik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 23:24:09 MST 2007

Hi All,

          I am new to the asterisk, I want to make a sip outbound call.

This is my scenario:

I have a *user A* who has registered with sip server(ONDO), I made asterisk
to register as a sip client with ONDO, I want to make a call to user A from
an extension.

My configurations
sip.config
[general]
context=default
register => raja:adsi6677@*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*/1234
bindport=5060   ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is 5060)
bindaddr=0.0.0.0  ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to all)
srvlookup=yes   ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls

[authentication]
auth=raja:adsi6677@*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*
[*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*-out]
type=peer             ; we only want to call out, not be called
secret=adsi6677
username=raja   ; Authentication user for outbound proxies
fromuser=raja   ; Many SIP providers require this!
fromdomain=*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*
host=*192.xxx.xxx.xxx*
context=outgoing

[dexter]
type=friend
username=dexter
secret=password
host=dynamic
context=outgoing

extensions.conf

[outgoing]
exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/test at 192.xxx.xxx.xxx)

Here *192.xxx.xxx.xxx* is my sip server host ip (ONDO).

Please correct me where i am going wrong in this scenario.

I was able to receive incoming calls to dexter from user A,

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Regards
karthik