[asterisk-users] 302 Moved temporarely

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Mar 22 16:54:12 MST 2007

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tomislav Parcina wrote:
>> I have found mail from Olle E. Johansson (April 2006) that Asterisk
>> doesn't support redirects of registrations. Does it support now?
>
> No. If you ask Asterisk to register to a SIP server, and it receives a
> 302 back from that server, it will not re-attempt to register to the
> redirected location.

I believe that if Asterisk receives a 302 back from a device when
sending a call to it (i.e. the SIP device has Call Forwarding set)
Asterisk will do the right thing.  This may only work for redirects to
locations on the same Asterisk server.  This is NOT the case with
registrations, only call setup.