[asterisk-users] Linksys/Sipura SPA-942 phones in larger deployments

andrew matthews exstatica at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:35:29 MST 2007

On 3/22/07, Bryan M. Johns <bryan at sheltonjohns.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Having deployed every major brand of sip handset in numbers greater than
> 100, I can say that I recommend the Polycom product hands-down for these
> types of roll-outs.  Provisioning and management are superior and the
> product if of generally better quality than the SPA line.

I'd have to fully agree with you. I work as a voip carrier and the
linksys desk phones are just horrible. They don't update like they are
suppose to. Its just a total mess.

Polycom hands down is the best. But aastra has been coming in strong.
I have a 480iCT on my desk and a polycom 601. Both are great phones.

Drew Matthews
Velocity Networks.