[asterisk-users] Re: strange ring

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Mar 22 14:35:02 MST 2007

When you are dealing with the PSTN network, you generally DON'T need an
'r' in your Dial command options.  This will force ring indication for
situations where the PSTN carrier does NOT provide them already.  I'd
bet yours *does* provide ring...  Hook up a regular phone to the wall
jack (skipping asterisk), dial someone, does it ring while you're
waiting?  If it does, remove the 'r' from your Dial command, leaving
just 't'.

Also, I suspect that you want 'T' instead of 't':

pbx*CLI> show application dial
     t    - Allow the called party to transfer the calling party by
            sending the DTMF sequence defined in features.conf.
     T    - Allow the calling party to transfer the called party by
            sending the DTMF sequence defined in features.conf.

Since you are the one doing the calling, you would be the only one who
wants to transfer the call.  T allows the calling party to transfer, 't'
allows the /called/ party to transfer.  Further, if your phone has a
transfer function, it is my understanding that the 't' and the 'T'
options aren't needed.  As specified in the output above, the 't' and
the 'T' only make the DTMF sequences defined in features.conf be
recognized and acted upon.

Mojo