[asterisk-users] Re: Gizmo project answers every call - can I use it in hunt group?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu Mar 22 08:58:53 MST 2007

RH> Hi, I've set up a Gizmo Project account for access on my Nokia E61
RH> because they work through NAT. Trouble is If I include my gizmo
RH> account in an asterisk hunt group and I'm not connected (phone is
RH> off / outside wireless coverage) the gizmo project always answers.
RH> Either the call goes to voice mail or if I turn voicemail off the
RH> call gets answered by a recording saying I'm not connected. That
RH> then ends any hunt.

RH> Is there anything I can do at the asterisk end to work around
RH> this?

That depends on how desperately you want this. You can put a local
channel in your hunt group. That local channel can dial your gizmo
account and ask you to press 1. If you then don't press 1, it can give
up after say 20 seconds.

If you have your gizmo account set up for voice mail, that will ensure
you have lots of voice mails.

/Benny