[asterisk-users] automated dialout detect forward

Mike Heininger heininger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 04:28:15 MST 2007

2007/3/21, Robert Lister <robl at linx.net>:
> One simple method would be to dial out and then playback an announcement
> announcing the incoming call, maybe even the number, and ask the user to
> press some key to accept the call. If this key is not pressed within a
> certain timeout, then terminate. This is okay to detect answering machines
> etc.

Thanks for this hint ... I already thought about this, too.

I think Asterisk gets the required (redirect) information over signalling.
When I look at the CLI I get ...

-- IAX2 is making progress passing it to SIP
-- IAX2 is ringing

--> mobile is ringing ...
--> after the mobile redirects the call I get again ...

-- IAX2 is making progress passing it to SIP

--> after the voicebox answers I get ...

-- IAX2 stopped sounds
-- IAX2 answered SIP

So I think it must be possible to get the status between the first
"ringing" and the second "making progress".

Any ideas?

TIA,
Mike