[asterisk-users] automated dialout detect forward

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Wed Mar 21 07:42:56 MST 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 01:23:37PM +0100, Mike Heininger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have an automated dialout via a call file to a mobile.
> Can I detect when the call is not answered but forwarded to the mobile
> operator voicebox?
> I would like to stop the dialout if this is the case.

One simple method would be to dial out and then playback an announcement
announcing the incoming call, maybe even the number, and ask the user to
press some key to accept the call. If this key is not pressed within a
certain timeout, then terminate. This is okay to detect answering machines
etc.

I believe asterisk 1.4. has some better controls over this.

In 1.2, some other techniques are discussed at:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+BackgroundDetect

Rob

--
Robert Lister   -   London Internet Exchange    -  http://www.linx.net/