[asterisk-users] Too Many Open Files, Hung SIP Sessions, Can I Increase File Count?

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 17:24:02 MST 2007

Hi All,

Something happened on one of my 1.2.9.1 systems, SIP between * and Cisco
Call Manager 4.1, leaving hung or open SIP sessions.  No problem now, we
found and corrected the problem.  But while these hung sessions were
increasing to around 480 to 500 sessions, I started getting "too many open
files" on the asterisk console and sporadically could not establish new SIP
connections.

Now, there was not a dead halt, some SIP sessions could still connect but I
had to restart * to clear out all the hung sessions.

I remember something about being able to setup * with increased file count.
Not sure exactly what this refers to but can someone point me in the right
direction?

Or am I on the wrong track?

Thanks.

JR