[asterisk-users] Voicemail mailbox number passed in connection?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Mar 21 14:49:02 MST 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 19:54, Lutgring, Sam wrote:

> Does anyone know how to configure a SIP phone to pass the mailbox number
> to the voicemail service when dialing?  I would like to press the
> message waiting lamp and be prompted for my password instead of "mailbox
> number".  Can this be passed in the set-up call or based on caller-id?

Caller ID is a simple way to do it.

Make the mailbox number the same as your phone number, then select the mailbox
based on Caller ID.

It's in some ways more secure, too - it means only you (or at least, only your
phone) can log in to your mailbox, instead of someone else trying from their
phone by knowing your mailbox number and guessing your password.

Antony.

those who understand binary notation,
and those who don't.

                                                     Please reply to the list;