[asterisk-users] Call counter for sip misbehaving

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Mar 18 13:16:13 MST 2007

17 mar 2007 kl. 12.21 skrev Rizwan Hisham:

> Hi,
> I have declared my sip users call-limit=2 and type=friend. When any
> user recieves a waiting call while already in a conversation, the
> peer call counter is set to 2.The problem is that, the counter is
> not reset to zero after hangup and becoz of this the user is not
> able to recieve any call anymore even if s/he has hungup. the
> asterisk cli displays the following error.
>
> [Mar 17 16:15:10] ERROR[7664]: chan_sip.c:3030 update_call_counter:
> Call to peer 'rehmat' rejected due to usage limit of 2
>     -- Couldn't call rehmat
>   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (0:0/0/0)
>
> Im using asterisk1.4.0 . declaring type=peer solves the problem.
> but if anybody knows why its not working for type=friend, plz share.

Have you read sip.conf.sample?

;call-limit=1			; permit only 1 outgoing call and 1 incoming call at
a time
				; from the phone to asterisk
				; 1 for the explicit peer, 1 for the explicit user,
				; remember that a friend equals 1 peer and 1 user in
				; memory
				; This will affect your subscriptions as well.
				; There is no combined call counter for a "friend"
				; so there's currently no way in sip.conf to limit
				; to one inbound or outbound call per phone. Use
				; the group counters in the dial plan for that.

We do document things now and then and expect users to read the
documentation :-)

Also please check
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2007-February/026190.html

/Olle