[asterisk-users] E-911 and Asterisk

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Sat Mar 17 09:17:35 MST 2007

Davis Sylvester III wrote:

> Matt wrote:
>
>> www.intrado.com <http://www.intrado.com> :)  There is no way to do it
>> yourself.  You will need to contract with a PS/ALI vendor.
>>
>> On 3/17/07, *Davis Sylvester III * <davis at 5-9networks.com
>> <mailto:davis at 5-9networks.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Can someone point in the right direction to learn how to implement
>>     e911
>>     while using asterisk?  I am looking for a how to or general
>>     documentation on how to implement e911.

> What do you mean there is no way to do.  Others have done this so
> there is a way. I thought the taught the purpose of this list was to
> HELP....
> THANKS, for the HELP!!!!

Yes, there is a way to do it yourself. It is very complex so the
audience is way too small for anybody to offer a free howto or docs on
the web. The total costs will not be low, so you might as well start out
by hiring a consultant with the right experience. Begin by posting your
need for such a person on http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com/, the -biz