[asterisk-users] Polycom call parking feature and Asterisk call parking

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 19:07:51 MST 2007

On 3/14/07, Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC <mojo at horanappraisals.com> wrote:
> The third field, in my case "Local/4${BRIDGEPEER:5:2}@internalaugmented"
> is the channel to announce the parked call slot to.  In my case,
> extensions beginning with 1xx are the phones themselves, and extensions
> 4xx are the same phones but will make them auto-answer (like paging).
> You might have a better way to do this because this is a little cumbersome.

The auto answer part of this is just too cool!  You don't have to put
the phone on the hook and parking, you don't have to worry about
answering or fumbling around and hanging up on the callback, or
anything.  If you have the handset in your hands, it calls back, plays
the number in your ear and it's done.  If you're on speakerphone, it
calls back and plays the number and it's done.  Almost as good as
parking using chan_sccp with the Cisco (it also displays the parking
spot on the park... hmmm...  that could possibly be done...).

On my phones, when I press park, I have to press a number (any number
works) and then press park again.  Is this the case for everyone else,
or am I missing something?  Not a big deal, just seems odd.