[asterisk-users] Polycom call parking feature and Asterisk call parking

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:17:28 MST 2007

Hi Stephen -

> I want to make parking calls easier for my hard-working users. Is there
> a way to make the Polycom call park feature work with Asterisk?
>
> In case it just works out of the box, I haven't tried it yet; but the
> "call park" feature isn't enabled on the Polycom phones by default.

If you want to make it even easier, you can make parking work with a
single DTMF press.  I believe 1.4 has this feature by default using
the "kK" flags for dial(), and setting it up in features.conf.

If you're still running 1.2.x, I can provide you with a patch.  It's a
bit hack-ish, but I've been using it production for over a year now.

- Noah