[asterisk-users] voip-info.org status update

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Wed Mar 14 21:55:52 MST 2007

shadowym wrote:
> Hard to expect the business community to take Asterisk seriously when
> this sort of stuff happens IMHO.  I can't understand how 3 of 4 hard
> drives could just suddenly fail simultaneously.  There must be more too
> it.  No UPS? Someone spilled their coffee into it?  Something!
>
> Either way, it's amateur hour!
>
> If I can't be confident enough in an important source of information
> like this then I can't be confident enough to provide an Asterisk
> solution to businesses.  That's the way I see it.  Yea, it's a wiki but
> it's the best source of info out there.

Well, it's always bothered me that the most authoritative and current
source of configuration information is an iffy wiki operated by someone
not connected with Digium at all.

The documentation needs to be better, or we need a better wiki :)

The trouble is that Asterisk changes so rapidly that any static document
is going to be obsolete before it's finished, so the wiki model makes
good sense; but it has to be structured better, at least a little bit
the way Wikipedia is operated.

-Stephen-