[asterisk-users] How many outgoing phone line/voip account do I need?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Mar 14 07:43:34 MST 2007

Kurt Kuo wrote:
> Hi list,
> I have an application which has to automatically dial and send out a
> voice message to 50 different phone numbers at the same time. Does it
> mean that I need to sign up 50 phone lines or voip accounts in order to
> achieve this purpose? Is there a provider(voip prefer) who offer a
> special account which is able to handle multiple calls simultaneously?
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just curious.  When you say "at the same time", do you mean they MUST
all be made at the same time or do you mean make all 50 calls in a
relatively short interval?  That would make a big difference, I think.

I ask because you say that you want to "send out a voice message" and it
sounds like you just want to broadcast a message to 50 persons, not
necessarily dialing all 50 at the same time.

If you do not need to make all 50 calls at the same time, you can break
them up into 5,10,20 call attempts at a time until all recipients have
been reached or they have been tried the maximum number of times...

--

Warm Regards,

Lee