[asterisk-users] How many outgoing phone line/voip account do I need?

Henry Cobb henry.cobb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 10:09:48 MST 2007

On 3/13/07, Chris Bagnall <lists at minotaur.cc> wrote:
> > His vindictive dialer isn't playing while it is listening to rings or
> > busy signals.
>
> Forgive my ignorance, but what on earth's a "vindictive" dialer? Is it one
> with a strong sense of revenge? :-)

A normal predictive dialer determines from agent behavior when will be
the most convenient time to deliver the next call to them.

A vindictive dialer uses arcane arts to determine the least convenient
time to deliver the call to the target.  Is it when they are about to
sit down for dinner, when they are about to step out or when they are
taking a bath?  Many factors have to be adjusted to maximize the
inconvenience of the call.  The dinosaur telephone companies are the
main users, but the free vacation seminar companies are stepping up
their deployments.

Personally I never answer calls from area code 666 anymore.  ;-)

-HJC