[asterisk-users] Earliest dial tone, after boot up.

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Mar 14 05:23:26 MST 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:53:58AM -0400, joe acquisto wrote:
> New system install.
>
> At what point, in bootup, should I be able to get a dial tone on the
> phone ports on a tdm400p?  There are two fxo and two fxs ports.  I
> know which to plug into .

Only after:

* The card's driver has loaded and initialized the card's module.
* It has been configured (ztcfg)
* Asterisk has started

> At boot up, as soon as wctdm is loaded, all the ports "go green, yet I
> do not get a dial tone on the phone ports.  I thought as long as
> zapata.conf is correct, the board should be "functional." at that
> point.

It is Asterisk that actually gives the dialtone. So it is not enough to
have /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf properly configured. You also need
asterisk running.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org