[asterisk-users] ChanSpy with Record() : Doesnt seem to work for an unbridged SIP call

Onglipo Chengoli onglipo at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 02:32:05 MST 2007

Hello,

I have an incoming Voip call, where an intro message is played (How can I
help you today?) and the answer is recorded - with Record(tst:gsm,3,30). The
call is not bridged. I also have an internal SIP phone which dials into an
extension as soon as the Voip call lands, and spies on the unbridged Voip
call, using ChanSpy.

All is well before start of Record () - ChanSpy can hear the incoming Voip
line. But as soon as Record starts, ChanSpy audio gets cutout. The debug log
has :
channel.c: Spy 'ChanSpy' on channel 'SIP/1XXXX-08cea3e0' read queue too
long, dropping frames

Things are back to normal when Record finishes.

Any suggestions on a solution? Any insights into why the spy queues are not
being emptied during Record?

Thanks for your help...
-Ong