[asterisk-users] Strange issue SIP URI to follow me busy signal

George A. Roberts IV groberts at interjuncture.com
Tue Mar 13 21:47:57 MST 2007

Ok, I'm going to have to lay out how we have this set up so you can
understand. :)

We're using a VOIP provider (ViaTalk) and have our main trunk
provisitioned with them.  We also have 2 of what they call "virtual
numbers" ...  we have one set up to do a SIP forward to 801 at ourasterisk
and 802 at ourasterisk.  We're using AAH 2.7.  Extensions 801 and 802 both
have "follow me" set up on them so they'll ring our cell phones if we're
not in the office.

An example of the problem:

If someone calls our main number and dials extension 801, it will ring
my desk phone and then roll over to my cell phone if I don't answer.  No
problems here, it works fine.

I'm at extension 801 ...  if someone calls my "virtual number" it rings
my SIP phone on my desk just fine (an Aastra 480i CT)...  however, when
it tries to ring my cell phone after I miss the call on my desk phone,
the caller receives a busy signal.  My cell phone still rings, but the
caller has already hung up by that point because they got the busy
signal.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Any thoughts on what might be
causing this?

Regards,

George A. Roberts IV
President and CEO, Interjuncture Corp. | http://www.interjuncture.com/
groberts at interjuncture.com | +1 630 364-4100 x801

HostingCon 2007 - The largest gathering of hosted services professionals
in the world!
Historic Navy Pier, Chicago | July 23-25, 2007 |
http://www.hostingcon.com/2007/