[asterisk-users] Digium S101i - Adapter DTMF works perfeclty

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Tue Mar 13 20:29:42 MST 2007

Does anybody know what DTMF coding does S101i adapter using?
I've been testing one for over a week and here are my observations:

- DTMF signaling is working perfectly with Asterisk, much better than
Sipura 3K

Though, I think the Asterisk "iaxy" firmware is buggy, the unit is using
auto-update feature; so I have Asterisk 1.2.13 and iaxy firmware version
is: 23

When enable in provisioning for both options: "server" and "altserver"
initial connection goes through fine but there is some problems with
provisioning routine after.
I lose the connection frequently (during conversation, after, or when
phone is on hook) and the unit S101i will not initialize itself again,
usually the orange light stays "ON" (even though there is no
conversation) or there is no light at all.

When I enable in provisioning only "server" option the unit works
perfectly even over the Internet (it has be up for over a week):
S101i <--> Firewall <--> Inernet <--> Firewall <--> Asterisk Server

2.) Does anybody know how to tune up DTMF in Sipura 3K ?
sip.conf is set for: dtmfmode=rfc2833

--
#Joseph