[asterisk-users] Asterisknow with video and X-Lite not quite working

Benedikt Franz benediktfranz at gmx.de
Tue Mar 13 14:10:35 MST 2007

Hello everyone,

I have previously asked this question on the asterisk-video list, but I
got directed here.

I have a setup consisting of asterisknow beta4 (not sure if that is
crucial) and a few clients all running X-Lite 3.0 (not eyebeam) on the
local network. My computer has a USB-Camera installed, and now I would
like to do some video calling with it, at least, so that the other user
can see me.

When I make a call and then click 'Start' (sending video) in the X-Lite
client, nothing seems to happen on the other side, but here it says that
a video transmission has begun. According to 'sip show codecs', both the
h.263 and h.263p codec are supported, and those are also set on either
X-Lite clients. I have enabled 'canreinvite' for both users as well, but
still the other user can not see me. I can, however, see the cameras
view on my computer, so that seems all properly set up.

Could anyone help me sort this out?

Thanks.