[asterisk-users] 120 concurrent ZAP connections in asterisk open edition. Is that possible?

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:42:28 MST 2007

On 3/13/07, Héctor Maldonado <hamaldonado at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/3/13, Matt Florell <astmattf at gmail.com>:
> > Using an octal(8 T1 ports) card I have kept an average of 150
> > concurrent Zap channels open on a single server over 8 T1s. It's all a
> > matter of what the hardware will support.
> >
> > Pure Zap channel conversations isn't always the limiter, what else are
> > you doing on this server?
>

> Actually a couple of daemons to control asterisk and nothing else. 63
> concurrent is the maximum traffic that I've experienced, and my concern is
> in how much additional traffic could I handle without having problems.
>
> BTW, what is the configuration of your server with the octal card? memory?
> cpu? 150 concurrent zap channels is a lot.. at least for me :)

I was doing VICIDIAL capacity testing on this server with a quad
processor(dual core) server, so the load was high and the call volume
was also very high, not a good comparison to what you are doing.

I have handled more than 100 concurrent channels before with two
quad-T1 cards in a singl P4 3.2GHz server before with no issues, So I
don't really know why you would be having issues with more than 63
channels on a similar machine.

What does "top" show when this happens?

MATT---