[asterisk-users] 120 concurrent ZAP connections in asterisk open edition. Is that possible?

Héctor Maldonado hamaldonado at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:31:28 MST 2007

2007/3/13, Matt Florell <astmattf at gmail.com>:

> Using an octal(8 T1 ports) card I have kept an average of 150
> concurrent Zap channels open on a single server over 8 T1s. It's all a
> matter of what the hardware will support.
>
> Pure Zap channel conversations isn't always the limiter, what else are
> you doing on this server?

Actually a couple of daemons to control asterisk and nothing else. 63
concurrent is the maximum traffic that I've experienced, and my concern is
in how much additional traffic could I handle without having problems.

BTW, what is the configuration of your server with the octal card? memory?
cpu? 150 concurrent zap channels is a lot.. at least for me :)

Thanks in advance.