[asterisk-users] Call load balancing

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Mar 13 03:02:45 MST 2007

On 9 Mar 2007, at 17:51, Octavio Ruiz (Ta^3) wrote:

>> I've got a system I'm putting together to handle IVR calls with *
>> I have one head system that terminates two PRIs. It routes the
>> calls from
>> the PRIs to * boxes using IAX I'm planning on having four or five
>> * boxes.
>> The * boxes run AGI scripts to process the IVR calls. Can I load
>> balance the
>> routing if I have five calls each of the IVR * boxes gets two call
>> and the
>> next call would go to the system that currently has the lowest
>> number of
>> calls?
>
> Another approach: what about load-balance (in terms of redundancy and
> scalability)  the AGI app's and just the AGIs with FastAGI? So your
> IVR application can be separated from your * boxes and they (the *
> boxes)
> dont have to ve overloaded with your AGI apps.
>
> Your head system receive the two PRIs and in dial-plan logic you
> can (maybe
> using RANDOM() or something more deterministic like a counter)

Assuming the head box takes all the calls you could just use setgroup
and getgroupcount on the pri box and use them to count the calls.
Using groups has the advantage of dealing with hangup right.
The only tricky bit would be implementing min(group) in the
dialplan.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/