[asterisk-users] Call load balancing

Octavio Ruiz (Ta^3) tacvbo at tacvbo.net
Fri Mar 9 10:51:20 MST 2007

> I've got a system I'm putting together to handle IVR calls with *
> I have one head system that terminates two PRIs. It routes the calls from
> the PRIs to * boxes using IAX I'm planning on having four or five * boxes.
> The * boxes run AGI scripts to process the IVR calls. Can I load balance the
> routing if I have five calls each of the IVR * boxes gets two call and the
> next call would go to the system that currently has the lowest number of
> calls?

Another approach: what about load-balance (in terms of redundancy and
scalability)  the AGI app's and just the AGIs with FastAGI? So your
IVR application can be separated from your * boxes and they (the * boxes)
dont have to ve overloaded with your AGI apps.

Your head system receive the two PRIs and in dial-plan logic you can (maybe
using RANDOM() or something more deterministic like a counter)

[just an example]:

exten s,1,Answer
exten s,n,Random(50:next)
exten s,n,AGI(agi://asterisk1/${VAR1}|${VAR2})
exten s,n,Hangup
exten s,n,AGI(agi://asterisk2/${VAR1}|${VAR2})
exten s,n,Hangup

--
Honi soit la vache qui rit.