[asterisk-users] deprecated ALERT_INFO var andAMI's Originate command

Octavio Ruiz (Ta^3) tacvbo at tacvbo.net
Mon Mar 12 11:16:21 MST 2007

Since 1.4 ALERT_INFO variable has been deprecated. I used to send this
via AMI:

Action: Originate
Channel: Sip/1234
Application: AgentLogin
Data: 1234
Variable:  _ALERT_INFO=info=alert-autoanswer
Callerid: AutoLogin[1234]

In order to send an autologin and autoanswer call to the agent 1234 on an
Aastra phone at extension 1234. (just for example).

Now in * 1.4 with ALERT_INFO deprecated I don't have that option, rather
than calling a Local/ channel to SetSIPheaders() and Dial(). I don't want
to do it in that fashion 'cos I like (and have) to have completely separated
dial plan logic (extensions.conf) and external applications via AMI.

Regards,

--
I'm having a MID-WEEK CRISIS!