[asterisk-users] When to use Echo Cancellation cards?

Wireless wireless at svw.org.uk
Mon Mar 12 06:25:48 MST 2007

I've been running Digium TDM400P with 2 FXO and now I run a Sangoma A200 with 2 FXO and no hwec, both cards have suffered echo, one of my lines is much worse than the other.  I messed about for a year using the software EC in Zaptel and whilst I could remove the echo on one line the other would always take 10-20secs to sort its self out and somtimes would never kill the echo.  This situation never ever passed the wife test (that is seriouse business).  I was about to bite the bullet and get a Sagoma A200D with HWEC when I discoved the new Digium software EC software called HPEC, it works a treat and at $10 per channel it is much better then spending loads of $$$ on a HWEC.  I run it on a P3 650Mhz that seems to have no problem at all keeping up.

hth

Harvey