[asterisk-users] New to Asterisk

NetSys Admin netsysadmin at gawab.com
Mon Mar 12 06:25:22 MST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to Asterisk and before I buy any card, I would like to ask for some information.

1. We'll be using analog PSTN phone lines. Is there anything that I should ask the telecom company before I buy the card? What I mean is whether the card will be compatible with the line?

2. What about the hardware on the PC? I will be using at least a Pentium 3 with a 600 or 700 MHz processor with at least 256 MB. Is there a way to know how much traffic or calls it can handle?

3. Suppose I buy a TDM04B card. It has 4 FXO modules and 0 FXS module. Later I decide that I need a TDM13B configuration. Can I just buy 1 FXS S110M module and replace one existing FXO module myself and reconfigure Asterisk?

4. Does fax work fine with Asterisk? Should I use one FXS module for each fax machine?

5. Is the power connector on the card identical to the power connectors inside PCs?

Thank you for any help.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html