[asterisk-users] g711 -> iLBC garbled voice in 1.4?

Ray Jackson ray at jacksonz.net
Sun Mar 11 16:40:48 MST 2007

All,

Has anybody else experienced garbled voice between a phone using
alaw/ulaw and one using iLBC?  I have a Nokia E series phone with a
preference to use iLBC and this works fine in Asterisk 1.2.  However,
since moving to 1.4 - I get garbled voice on Inbound (g711->iLBC).
Outbound voice seems fine (iLBC->g711) though.  It's not a 20/30ms
framing issue as the phone uses 30ms frames the same as Asterisk.
Interestingly, my Grandstream seems to work well with iLBC though.
X-Lite on the other hand often starts fine but sometimes becomes garbled
5+ minutes into a call. Connectivity is over a LAN so should be
excellent.  The only noticeable difference in the Grandstream vs. Nokia
is the Nokia sends 'a=rtpmap:97 iLBC/8000/1' in the SDP info while the
GS sends 'a=rtpmap:97 iLBC/8000, a=fmtp:97 mode=30'.

I realise I need to provide more info and log a case - but I was
wondering if anybody had seen something similar since moving to 1.4 or
whether I'm on my own here?

Cheers,
Ray