[asterisk-users] installation pb on debian etch

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Mar 10 03:19:50 MST 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 12:20:04PM +0400, Philippe MONROUX wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get some problem installing asterisk + ekiga on my debian etch:
>
> ii  asterisk       1.2.13~dfsg-2  Open Source Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
> ii  ekiga          2.0.3-4        H.323 and SIP compatible VOIP client
>
> $: asterisk -U asterisk -vgc give me some WARNING like :
>
> ,----
> | WARNING[21806]:  res_musiconhold.c:852  moh_register:  Unable to  open
> | pseudo channel for timing...  Sound may be choppy.

Get ztdummy:

apt-get install zaptel-source build-essential linux-headers-`uname -r`
m-a a-i zaptel

# On the next boot it will be fixed, but for now:

/etc/init.d/zaptel start
asterisk -rx 'restart now'

> | WARNING[21806]:   res_odbc.c:565  odbc_obj_connect:   res_odbc:  Error
> | SQLConnect=-1 errno=0  [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source  name not
> | found, and no default driver specified
> `----

> but asterisk daemon start well.
>
> the pb is when I start ekiga I  always get :
>
> IN FRENCH : L'inscription de ekiga a 10.0.0.1 a echoue
> IN ENGLISH :ekiga cannot subscribe

You on't need ekiga.net for Ekiga to work. Ekiga is fine as a
stand-alone client.

BTW: if you prefer KDE, get twinkle instead.

> I don't know where is the solution.
>
> Can anybody help me ?
>
> thanks.
>
> ==========
> Here are the significant lines of my sip.conf
> ,----
> | [general]
> | context=default
> | bindport=5060
> | bindaddr=0.0.0.0
> | srvlookup=yes
> | disallow=all
> |
> | register => phi2:6641ekiganet at ekiga.net/1234
> |
> | [authentication]
> |
> | [ekiganet-out]
> | type=peer
> | secret=6641ekiganet
> | username=phi2
> | host=ekiga.net
> | call-limit=5
> | context=from-ekiganet
> |
> | [ekiga1]
> | type=friend
> | host=dynamic
> | username=ekiga1
> | secret=6641ekiga1
> | disallow=all
> | allow=ulaw
> | [ekiga2]
> | type=friend
> | host=dynamic
> | username=ekiga2
> | secret=6641ekiga2
> | disallow=all
> | allow=ulaw
> `----
>
> And the significant lines of my extensions.conf
> ,----
> | [general]
> | static=yes
> | writeprotect=no
> | autofallthrough=yes
> | clearglobalvars=no
> | priorityjumping=no
> | [globals]
> | CONSOLE=Console/dsp
> | IAXINFO=guest
> | TRUNK=Zap/g2
> | TRUNKMSD=1

Unrelated to your problem, you need to add here:

[default]
> | exten => 555,1,Dial(SIP/ekiga1)
> | exten => 556,1,Dial(SIP/ekiga2)
> `----

(but read a bit more about dialplans: extensions.conf)
This is not the immediate cause for your problem, though

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com