[asterisk-users] Polycom 501 - Auto answer on one line appearance

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Fri Mar 9 21:41:23 MST 2007

Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:
> I am using SugarCRM together with the asterisk plugin, which allows me
> to click a number, SugarCRM calls my extension then places the call when
> I pickup.
> I would like to have that extension auto-answer. I set it up as line 3
> on my phone so normal calls do not get auto-answered. However, I have
> not been able to get this to work. Has anyone implented this?
> This is what I put in the config file for the phone
>    <ringtype
>        se.rt.enabled="1"
>        se.rt.1.enabled="1"
>        se.rt.1.ringer="9"
>        se.rt.1.type="ring"
>
>        se.rt.2.enabled="1"
>        se.rt.2.ringer="10"
>        se.rt.2.type="ring"
>
>        se.rt.3.enabled="1"
>        se.rt.3.ringer="11"
>        se.rt.3.timeout="1000"
>        se.rt.3.type="ring-answer"
>        se.rt.3.name="Ring Answer"
>    />

The phone will only answer this if the SIP header contains a "Ring
Answer" flag. Asterisk has to be told to send this. For example:

exten => 300,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: RANR)

I put these in my {macaddr}-phone.cfg file:

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="3"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="RANR"

The "ring answer" function is identified by the class number.

I hope that helps you.

-Stephen-