[asterisk-users] play file and action only stop if one defined key has been pressed

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Fri Mar 9 15:51:45 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 23:01 +0100, Thomas Winter wrote:
> Am Friday 09 March 2007 22:27 schrieb Time Bandit:
> > > I would like that user cann press 3 and then actions can be taken.
> > > Problem ist if the pressed key not 3 the user jumps to extension i and
> > > then the file will be played from start again.
> > >
> > > I would like that the play of file is only stopped if the user has
> > > pressed the key 3.
> > >
> > > What for an command can i use to make this happened?
> >
> > check http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Background
> >
> > I think the m option is what you are looking for
>
> thanks,
>
> I didnt see the option.
>
> The number can be different and is stored in mySQL
>
> exten => ${tmp_var},1,NoOp(INFO key pressed)
> exten => ${tmp_var},n,GoTo(s,restart)

Woa! can you really do that? I would have to check the code, but I have
the strong impression that you cannot use a variable in the extension
name field, they are not evaluated, nor are they really evaluatable. All
the extensions in a context are compared when looking for a match to a
target location, but....
I know that goto's etc, can use a variable in a reference, but not in a
definition like this.

murf