[asterisk-users] play file and action only stop if one defined key has been pressed

Thomas Winter thowinter at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:01:28 MST 2007

Am Friday 09 March 2007 22:27 schrieb Time Bandit:
> > I would like that user cann press 3 and then actions can be taken.
> > Problem ist if the pressed key not 3 the user jumps to extension i and
> > then the file will be played from start again.
> >
> > I would like that the play of file is only stopped if the user has
> > pressed the key 3.
> >
> > What for an command can i use to make this happened?
>
> check http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Background
>
> I think the m option is what you are looking for

thanks,

I didnt see the option.

The number can be different and is stored in mySQL

exten => ${tmp_var},1,NoOp(INFO key pressed)
exten => ${tmp_var},n,GoTo(s,restart)

is not working because when Asterisk reads the dialplan ${tmp_var} is EMPTY.

Iam now using an workaround. I have done 9 different context and depends on
the key Iam using Background with option m in each context