[asterisk-users] Another Faxing Question

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Fri Mar 9 09:03:58 MST 2007

This probably came up before, but I have a faxing question for everyone.

I have a simple extension setup to use rxfax to receive faxes sent to
asterisk. It is:

exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,AbsoluteTimeout(300)
exten =>
s,n,Set(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${ARG1}_${CALLERIDNUM}_${UNIQUEID}.tif)
exten => s,n,rxfax(${FAXFILE})
exten => s,n,System(/usr/bin/mailfax "${ARG1}" "${FAXFILE}" "${ARG2}")
exten => s,n,Hangup()
exten => T,1,Hangup()

I read that you had to put a AbsoluteTimeout in there, or it might not
hang up. My questions then are... why wouldn't it hang up without the
timeout, and what if the fax really is that large? We sometimes get
faxes over 150 pages.

Rob