[asterisk-users] Zaptel problem after upgrading to 1.2.16

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Fri Mar 9 08:04:25 MST 2007

Mark Davies wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> I'm hoping I've made a silly mistake here, but I've been staring at
> the screen for the past few hours and I can't work it out.
>

> I upgraded to 1.2.16 recently, and am having problems with zaptel.
>

> The card is detected, I get a reasonable output from ztcfg -vv, and
> zttool shows the installed module (TDM400) with one FXS module.
>

> But when I start asterisk, I get an error saying that my IAX
> connection won't work in trunked mode because there's no timing
> interface.  Zaptel doesn't show up in the output of show channeltypes.
>

> Should there be a problem with using the trunk version of zaptel, but
> 1.2.16 of asterisk?
>

> Are there any places that I can specifically load/enable the zaptel
> module?

Is there a chan_zap.so in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules?
Are you upgrading over an existing install of Asterisk, or did you
remove the old ver first?

I had trouble building Asterisk 1.2.15 with the 1.4 zaptel driver.
Asterisk did not find the zaptel src and wouldn't build chan_zap.so.

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson