[asterisk-users] Zaptel problem after upgrading to 1.2.16

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Mar 9 02:16:44 MST 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 04:13:04PM +0900, Mark Davies wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I'm hoping I've made a silly mistake here, but I've been staring at the
> screen for the past few hours and I can't work it out.
>

> I upgraded to 1.2.16 recently, and am having problems with zaptel.
>

> The card is detected, I get a reasonable output from ztcfg -vv, and
> zttool shows the installed module (TDM400) with one FXS module.

Can you use those modules from Asterisk? Do you get a dialtone on the
phone?

> But when I start asterisk, I get an error saying that my IAX connection
> won't work in trunked mode because there's no timing interface.  Zaptel
> doesn't show up in the output of show channeltypes.

Is there any?

Is chan_zap.so loaded ? Do you even have
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_zap.so ?

If yes: do you have a valid timing source:

try zttest .

> Should there be a problem with using the trunk version of zaptel, but
> 1.2.16 of asterisk?

Did the same configuration work with other versions of Asterisk 1.2?
What version of Zaptel do you have?

> Are there any places that I can specifically load/enable the zaptel
> module?

Do you have automatic modules loading enabled in modules.conf?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com