[asterisk-users] RE: Zaptel problem after upgrading to 1.2.16

Mark Davies mark at microsupport.com.au
Fri Mar 9 02:06:01 MST 2007

Further to this, I believe that my problem is that I'm also now running
udev.

When I compiled and installed Zaptel, I did the make install-udev step,
however the permissions in my udev directory don't look correct.

I am running Asterisk as root (this is on a debian system btw), but this
is the content of my zaptel.rules file.

# zaptel devices with ownership/permissions for running as non-root

KERNEL=="zapctl", NAME="zap/ctl", OWNER="asterisk", GROUP="asterisk",
MODE="0660"

KERNEL=="zaptranscode", NAME="zap/transcode", OWNER="asterisk",
GROUP="asterisk", MODE="0660"

KERNEL=="zaptimer", NAME="zap/timer", OWNER="asterisk",
GROUP="asterisk", MODE="0660"

KERNEL=="zapchannel", NAME="zap/channel", OWNER="asterisk",
GROUP="asterisk", MODE="0660"

KERNEL=="zappseudo", NAME="zap/pseudo", OWNER="asterisk",
GROUP="asterisk", MODE="0660"

KERNEL=="zap[0-9]*", NAME="zap/%n", OWNER="asterisk", GROUP="asterisk",
MODE="0660"

zaptel.rules (END)

What do I need to do for Asterisk to be able to see the Zaptel device
while running as root?

Again, any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Mark.