[asterisk-users] Sender phone ringing while recipient talking

Nathan Bell nathanb at actarg.com
Thu Mar 8 11:30:05 MST 2007

I've had asterisk running for about a month now between our PBX and our
T1, and everything seems fine but for one simple nit-pick: When a call
to the outside workd is made, and if the recipient picks up while a the
sender's phone is still relaying the ring, the sender won't be heard
until after the ring stops. This often translates a simple "hello?" into
a "lo?" or even "*long pause* hello, is anyone there?"

Is there a way to immediately stop the ring when a pickup is detected?

Thanks,
Nathan Bell