[asterisk-users] Queue announcing hold sequence instead of hold time

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Thu Mar 8 10:19:25 MST 2007

Hi,

We recently updated from an early Asterisk 1.2 SVN to 1.2.15 (on Debian
Sarge) and the behaviour of our Call Centre queues has changed slightly.
Before the upgrade, when a caller was waiting in the queue, the
estimated hold time was announced as expected ("estimated hold time is
less than 2 minutes ...").
Now the caller gets an announcement of their sequence in the queue
("Your call is now first in line ...").
I believe that the only changes I have made to queues.conf and
agents.conf is the addition of the "context=" statement and editing the
list of agents.

Has anyone else seen this? What am I missing?

regards,

Drew

QUEUES.CONF
[general]
persistentmembers = yes

[FxQueue]
music=default
strategy=rrmemory
context = opt-out_fxq
timeout=15
retry=3
wrapuptime=0
maxlen=0
announce-frequency=60
announce-holdtime = yes
reportholdtime=yes
memberdelay=1
servicelevel=120 ; seconds

member => Agent/1102
member => Agent/1103
member => Agent/1104
member => Agent/1105

AGENTS.CONF
[general]
persistentagents=yes

[agents]
ackcall=no
wrapuptime=0
musiconhold => default

agent => 1102,1234,Carly
agent => 1103,1234,Sean
agent => 1104,1234,Ed
agent => 1105,1234,Neil

EXTENSIONS.CONF (extract)
[call-centre]
exten => s,1,Noop(Entering Call Centre)
exten => s,n,Answer()
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Playback(welcome-fxqueue)
exten => s,n,Goto(5210,1)

; FxQueue
exten => 5210,1,Noop()
exten => 5210,n,Ringing()
exten => 5210,n,Wait(2)
exten => 5210,n,Queue(FxQueue|tH)
exten => 5210,n,Hangup()

exten => _6XXX,1,macro(ccexten,${EXT_${EXTEN}})

[macro-ccexten]
exten => s,1,Set(EXT=${ARG1})
exten => s,2,GotoIf([$:{EXT}]?4:3)
exten => s,3,Goto(i,1)