[asterisk-users] Problems with Zaptel Drivers

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Mar 7 19:12:09 MST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 08:39:36PM -0500, Lutgring, Sam wrote:
> Has anyone run into the problem of having your FXO ports show up as FXS?

FXS channels have FXO signalling. Yeah, this is confusing.

An FXS port is the one to which you connect phones. FXO ports emulate
phones, and can connect to a standard telephone-company socket.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/FXO

> I believe that my drivers are loading because I see the channels appear
> under /dev/zap. I am using Fedora Core 6 with the latest Zaptel 1.4.0
> drivers and a 8 port FXO Xorcom Astribank. All of my indicator lights on
> the Astribank are solid red.
>
> My XPD-0 summary file under proc reads:
> XPD-0 (FXS ,card present, span registeres) SYNC MASTER
> and so on
>
> My /proc/zaptel/1 file reads:
> SPAN 1: XBUS-0/XPD-0 "Xorcom XPD #0/0: FXS"
>
>      1 XPP_FXS/0/0/0 FXOKS (In Use)

         port (FXS)    signalling (FXO)

>      2 XPP_FXS/0/0/1 FXOKS (In Use)
>      3 XPP_FXS/0/0/2 FXOKS (In Use)
>      4 XPP_FXS/0/0/3 FXOKS (In Use)
>      5 XPP_FXS/0/0/4 FXOKS (In Use)
>      6 XPP_FXS/0/0/5 FXOKS (In Use)
>      7 XPP_FXS/0/0/6 FXOKS (In Use)
>      8 XPP_FXS/0/0/7 FXOKS (In Use)
>      9 XPP_OUT/0/0/8 FXOKS
>     10 XPP_OUT/0/0/9 FXOKS
>     11 XPP_OUT/0/0/10 FXOKS
>     12 XPP_OUT/0/0/11 FXOKS
>     13 XPP_OUT/0/0/12 FXOKS
>     14 XPP_OUT/0/0/13 FXOKS

Huh? Is this an exact paste? The last four ports should be inputs:

One of the servers here has:

 [snip]
           9 XPP_OUT/0/0/8 FXOLS (In use)
          10 XPP_OUT/0/0/9 FXOLS (In use)