[asterisk-users] Problems with Zaptel Drivers

Lutgring, Sam LutgrinS at calhounisd.org
Wed Mar 7 18:39:36 MST 2007

Has anyone run into the problem of having your FXO ports show up as FXS?
I believe that my drivers are loading because I see the channels appear
under /dev/zap. I am using Fedora Core 6 with the latest Zaptel 1.4.0
drivers and a 8 port FXO Xorcom Astribank. All of my indicator lights on
the Astribank are solid red.

My XPD-0 summary file under proc reads:
XPD-0 (FXS ,card present, span registeres) SYNC MASTER
and so on

My /proc/zaptel/1 file reads:
SPAN 1: XBUS-0/XPD-0 "Xorcom XPD #0/0: FXS"

     1 XPP_FXS/0/0/0 FXOKS (In Use)
     2 XPP_FXS/0/0/1 FXOKS (In Use)
     3 XPP_FXS/0/0/2 FXOKS (In Use)
     4 XPP_FXS/0/0/3 FXOKS (In Use)
     5 XPP_FXS/0/0/4 FXOKS (In Use)
     6 XPP_FXS/0/0/5 FXOKS (In Use)
     7 XPP_FXS/0/0/6 FXOKS (In Use)
     8 XPP_FXS/0/0/7 FXOKS (In Use)
     9 XPP_OUT/0/0/8 FXOKS
    10 XPP_OUT/0/0/9 FXOKS
    11 XPP_OUT/0/0/10 FXOKS
    12 XPP_OUT/0/0/11 FXOKS
    13 XPP_OUT/0/0/12 FXOKS
    14 XPP_OUT/0/0/13 FXOKS

This should be showing up as an FXO ports.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.