[asterisk-users] Realtime Extensions and "Include"

Peder at NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Wed Mar 7 10:11:50 MST 2007

Not really what I mean.  I have customer contexts, say customer1 and
customer2.  I also have a LD, Local and Intl context.  To allow
customer1 to dial LD, I include the LD context within the customer1
context.  I want to skip text files and move to realtime for extensions
and I want to know if I can include other contexts in the realtime
mechanism like I do with the text files.

Rob Schall wrote:
> Not sure if this is what you mean.... But we have includes in our
> sip,extensions and voicemail files.
> ;#include sip.inc
>
> We keep them commented out only because they are a copy of what is
> running in realtime. Every night the include files are generated and put
> in /etc/asterisk. If MySQL were to ever fail, we could just uncomment
> those 3 includes and reload asterisk. It wouldn't have the same dynamic
> nature to it, but it would bring functionality back online.
>
> Rob
>

> Peder @ NetworkOblivion wrote:
>> Is it possible to use the "include" command to include other contexts
>> if you are using realtime for extensions?  I've searched voip-info and
>> some people were asking about it, but I didn't find a real answer
>> anywhere.

Network stuff you didn't know....
http://www.networkoblivion.com