[asterisk-users] Asterisk Auto-dial out

Phil Menico pmenico at XTEND.COM
Wed Mar 7 09:00:53 MST 2007

I am using the * auto-dial out feature but don't want to have to specify
a channel (Zap/G2/) to connect to the extension.

Current file I use:

Channel: Zap/G2/12127778866   #<< ==== I have to specify a specific
channel
MaxRetries: 1
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
#
# Assuming that your outgoing call logic is kept in the
#  context called [line1out]
#
Context: line1out
Extension: 7632

Is there a way that I can just put in the number and have the system
decide the channel to use for calling it?

What I would like to do:

Channel: NNNNNNNNNNNN  #<<=== This number could be
                       #      7645 in which case go via SIP/7645
                       #      68001 which should go to CiscoSIP/68001
                       #      12127778866 which would go via
Zap/G2/12127778866
MaxRetries: 1
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
#
# Assuming that your outgoing call logic is kept in the
#  context called [line1out]
#
Context: line1out
Extension: 7632

Based on dialing plan the system should be able to route the call to
whatever channel supports dialing that number.

Thank you.

Phil Menico