[asterisk-users] Polycom Questions

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Tue Mar 6 20:10:02 MST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Dave Miller
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:38 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Polycom Questions

Dave Fullerton wrote on 3/6/07 9:33 AM:

> Polycom's 2.1.0 firmware has the new DST settings as the default. This
> is what they use for the SNTP element:
>
>       <SNTP tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="86400" tcpIpApp.sntp.address=""
> tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset=""
> tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="0"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="8"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="11"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="1"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="1"
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"/>
>
> The one thing I'm not sure about is the
> tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="8" line. According to the
> 2.1.0 admin guide that means the second week of the month but none of
> the guides before that mention this as a valid option.

Thanks!  One question I have... with this applied (and even with the
original config I had before changing it to this), the "start.dayOfWeek"
 setting shows up as "Monday" on the web interface on the phone.  Is the
web interface goofed up, or should that be Sunday?

--

I saw an article on the Polycom knowledgebase saying this is a bug in the web interface...